Monday, February 15, 2010

Enthused

" Enthusiasm is excitement with inspiration, motivation and a pinch of creativity" Bo Bennett

What I have noticed about my self as a life time student is that in the past I was never enthusiastic about my academic prospects. Nothing really moved me. I did only enough to meet a certain need of that time. Taking random courses with no definitive goal insight. Looking at my transcript one would wonder "what were those needs again?" (laughing)
Now that I am back in school, there is something different. I actually know where I would like to be. This term my grades are more than average. There is a goal set. I can say that there is enthusiasm bubbling in my gut for the path I am on. Never have I felt so determined academically.
Students who are just in school randomly taking courses but not taking the time to truly figure out themselves in relation to their goals are honestly wasting their time. They will either flunk miserably or find themselves in a career that is unsatisfactory. There should be a sense of enthusiasm in one's academic career, so that there can be a sense of fulfillment in one's life.

2 comments:

  1. I greatly appreciate your posting! I see so many students who are not excited about the opportunity they have before them. I am glad you are not in that category anymore!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got to know the real Amor. You have found the right track and success is assured. I'm proud of your focused approach to life's challenges.

    ReplyDelete